Card and dice games rarely necessitate a large investment. If you don't have a pair of dice somewhere in your drawers, which most families do, you're probably aware that there are a variety of dice games available for both children and adults. There are also many dice games that you can play for free on the internet.
It’s a relaxing Sunday afternoon. What’s the best way to pass your time? Eat a scrumptious meal and play some timepass games. You can play indoor games like carrom, cards, or dice games with your family or friends. Here, we are going to find out twenty-eight dice games that are fun and interesting.
What Are Dice Games?
These games rarely need an investment. You would probably have a pair of dice somewhere in your drawers. Dice are small, throwable objects with marked surfaces. Rolling the dice generates random results.
Below is a list of popular dice games that you can play with your friends and family.
List of 20 Popular Dice Games
- Dice Poker.
- 7 Up 7 Down.
- Liar’s Dice.
- Zombie Dice.
- Dice 10000.
- Left Center Right.
- Drop Dead.
- Scotland Yard.
- Run for it.
- Dungeons and Dragons.
- Sic Bo.
Let us dive into the details and find out more about these dice board games.
- Dice Poker combines the intrigue of a poker game with the thrill of a dice game.
- Dice Poker is played with five dice, poker chips, and a poker board.
- Each dice has six sides that represent Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, and 9.
- Five dice must be rolled to get the highest combination.
- Full house, straight, four of a kind, three of a kind, two pairs, and one pair are among the possible poker hand combinations.
- Players must place their wagers, and depending on the outcome of the dice roll, they could win twice as much money or nothing at all.
- In comparison to those employed in a poker game, the poker combinations for the winners are slightly different.
- Dice poker is thrilling because of the small difference and lack of bluffing.
- This two-player game can be a great option if you are looking for interesting dice games for couples.
7 Up 7 Down
- In the dice board game "7 Up 7 Down," players wager on numbers greater than or less than seven.
- In the game, two dice are rolled, and the player wins if the sum of the numbers on both dice matches their wager.
- The outcomes are added up.
- You can wager on the sum being greater than 7, less than 7, or exactly 7.
- Depending on what they bet on, the winner receives either credit points or real money.
- There are two dice and a board in the Craps game.
- Wagers are made with chips.
- Up to 20 players take turns being the shooter and rolling the dice for each round of a craps game.
- The object of craps is to predict the shooter's throw of the dice with accuracy.
- Players place wagers on the 'come-out roll,' which is the initial roll of the dice in the game.
- Players must choose whether to wager on the dice rolling a 7 or 11, which is called a Pass Bet, or a 2, 3, or 12, which is called a Don't Pass Bet in this round.
- If the total value of the dice is 2, 3, or 12, also known as craps, or 7 or 11, known as a natural, the round is over.
Learn how to play dice game that is fun and interesting!
- The goal of the Yahtzee game is to score points by rolling five dice in specific combinations.
- The dice must stay in the box and can be rolled up to three times in a turn to try to create different scoring combinations.
- There are thirteen rounds in each game.
- The player selects the scoring category to be utilized for each round after it has concluded.
- A category can only be utilized once in the game at a time.
- The point values for the scoring categories vary; some have set values while others have point values that depend on the value of the dice.
- The Yahtzee has a five-of-a-kind value and receives 50 points, the most of any type.
- The player who scores is the winner.
- A good game from the list of dice board games is the liar's dice.
- It can be played with two or more players.
- You can try your hand at winning the title of the group's best liar with a little bit of trickery and a lot of good fortune.
- The goal of the game is to accurately guess the number of dice that will be rolled to equal a given number, or to correctly contest a wager made by another player.
- You can play the Liar’s dice games online.
- Zombie Dice has straightforward gameplay.
- The participant must shake a cup containing 13 dice, pick three at random without peeking inside the cup, then roll them.
- Each die has a face that depicts a brain, a shotgun blast, or a "runner," with various colors and face distributions.
- The 6 green dice have 3 brains, 1 shotgun, and 2 runners, and the 4 yellow dice have 2 of each and the 3 red dice have 1 brain, 3 shotguns, and 2 runners.
- The goal is to roll 13 brains.
- A player's turn ends, and all their current brains are lost if they roll three shotgun blasts in a row.
- The winner of this dice board game is temporarily the first player to reach 10,000 points.
- Thereafter, each additional player has one more turn to surpass that player's total.
- The winner of the game is the player with the highest score of over 10,000.
- In one variant, competitors must reach a score of exactly 10,000 without exceeding it.
The dice games rules for Backgammon are as follows:
- Each player rolls a single die to begin the game, and the person with the higher number uses both numbers rolled to move first.
- The dice are thrown repeatedly until they produce distinct results if both players roll the same number.
- Then, in alternating turns, each player takes a turn and rolls two dice.
- Always roll the dice together, ensuring that they land flat on the backgammon game board's right side.
- The dice must be rolled again if it touches the ground outside or on a checker.
The dice game rules for Qwixx are as follows:
- There are rows of the numbers 2-12 in red, yellow, blue, and green.
- Players must cross out numbers from left to right in the four colored rows.
- If you want to score points in the Qwixx game, you can mark off only numbers that are to the right of the marked-off number in that row.
- The numbers need not be crossed out sequentially.
- However, when you have marked off a number, you cannot go back to the previous numbers.
- The goal of the push-your-luck game Farkle is to be the first player to reach 10.000 points.
- Players trade turns passing the play back and forth as they try to assemble point-scoring melds while deciding whether the chance of rolling a Farkle and losing all unbanked points is worth the appeal of gaining a small number of extra points.
- Farkle is a game that is played all over the world with a ton of different variations.
Left Center Right
- A dice game called Left Center Right is played by three to five players with poker chips and dice.
- To play the game, give each player three chips or ask them to withdraw three quarters from their pockets.
- Decide who will make the first roll.
- For every chip, you have, up to three, roll one die.
- L = pass a chip left, R = pass a chip right, and C = place a chip in the middle.
- You keep a chip if you roll a dot.
- Distribute or keep chips as described above, then carry out the actions specified on all of your dice.
- Up until there are no more players left with chips, the game is played to the left.
- The pot in the middle is won by the last player standing.
- When a player runs out of chips, they are not automatically eliminated because chips could be transferred to them as long as the game is still going on.
- If a player doesn't have any chips, they can only roll one die, up to a maximum of three dice, for each chip they have.
The dice game rules for drop dead are as follows:
- Each player, in turn, rolls the five dice, and when none of them reveal a 2 or a 5, that player wins.
- The player receives the sum of the numbers rolled if neither a 2 nor a 5 are thrown.
- If a 2 or 5 is rolled, they do not receive any points and must set aside all dice that display those numbers.
- These dice are no longer in play; therefore, the player must roll without them.
- They must set aside any dice that show a 2 or a 5, and they must score when neither is thrown until all of the dice have been eliminated.
- The player is considered to have dropped dead when the final dice land on a 2 or 5, at which point the following player takes their turn.
- Following each player's turn, the one with the highest score is declared the winner. Scores are tracked on a running total.
- Business games, often known as business simulation games, are simulation games that are employed as teaching aids in the study of business.
- Business simulation games can be used to train employees on a variety of business-related topics, including general management, finance, organizational behavior, and human resources.
- At least 3 to 4 people are required for the game.
- The game is played by rolling dice.
- Business is one of the dice games for kids as it teaches kids about real-life scenarios in the corporate world.
- Want to know how to play a dice game called monopoly? The goal of the game is to amass the most wealth by buying, selling, and renting real estate. You must also make every other player declare bankruptcy.
- Each player has the option of choosing a token to represent them.
- At the start of the game, a specific sum is also given to each player.
- By making sensible financial decisions, players can enhance this sum by the game's conclusion.
- At the start of the monopoly game, a player is chosen to be the banker.
- If this person is also a player, he must maintain a financial separation between his personal and bank accounts.
- The bonus and salary payments must be made by the banker.
- Along with collecting the prices of the properties that are sold and auctioned, he also collects penalties, debts, taxes, and interest.
- One of the actors assumes the character of Mr. X in Scotland Yard.
- His task is to travel from place to place on the map of London via the subway, buses, or cabs.
- The detectives, or the other players working together, move similarly to occupy the same area as Mr. X.
- Although the criminal's mode of transportation is almost always known, the game's specific location is only occasionally known.
- The 125-cent fare tickets are 5 black, 23 pink underground, 43 green buses, and 54 yellow taxis.
Run for it
One of the best dice games for kids is the Run For It dice game.
- Each player will roll all six dice to start their round.
- You must roll a 1 to start developing your straight.
- Your turn ends right away if you don't roll a 1 on your initial roll.
- If you do roll a 1, you may take away as many dice as you like to create a straight.
- You can either conclude your turn after creating your straight or try your luck by rolling the remaining dice to increase the straight.
- If you decide to roll one more but are unable to get the straight, your round is ended.
- There are no points awarded for this round.
Dungeons and Dragons
- Dungeons and Dragons offer the story structure, allowing the adventurers' actions to have consequences, unlike a game of make-believe.
- Players roll dice to determine if their characters can climb a cliff, roll away from a magical lightning strike, or perform other risky tasks, as well as whether their attacks will succeed or fail.
- Although everything is possible, the dice favor some outcomes over others.
- The secrets of success in the Catan game include settling, trading, and construction.
- Place your towns and routes strategically, argue with your friends over resources, and deftly block tiles with the thief.
- To outsmart your fellow players, just like in the catan board game, takes some serious strategic thinking.
- Bunco is a dice game that is often played with twelve or more players, divided into groups of four, rolling three dice each turn in a series of six rounds in an effort to score points.
- When three of a kind are rolled and all three numbers match the round number, a bunco is won.
- A simple dice game based on luck is called Sic Bo.
- All you have to do is set your chips on the table's bet box.
- If the result of the roll equals your wager after shaking the dice, you win.
Let’s now have a look at some Indian dice games.
List Of Top Indian Dice Games
- Dice Chess.
- Snakes and Ladders.
- Jhandi Munda.
- Astha Chamma.
We shall go into further details in some time. Before that, let us glance through the list of twenty popular dice games.
Indian Dice Games
- Dice Chess is an interesting game to play. You know how to play dice game by now, right? Commonly, dice and board are used. Dice chess is played with the same.
- Dice chess is a chess variant featuring elements of a game of chance.
- In contrast to the standard chess rules, the player must roll the dice to decide which piece they may move when competing against random opponents.
- The 1 represents a pawn, the 2 a knight, the 3 a bishop, the 4 a rook, the 5 a queen, and the 6 a king on each dice.
- Any of the pieces shown on the dice may be moved by the player.
- Dice chess does not have a check or checkmate.
- The king may move to a square that is being attacked by the opponent's piece even when there is no check or checkmate.
- The objective of players is to seize the opponent's king as you play the roll the dice game of chess.
- The Ludo game is one of the most popularly played and best dice games.
- The first step is for 2 to 4 players to place their respective pieces in their bases.
- Everybody takes a turn rolling the die, and the person who rolls the highest gets to go first.
- Going clockwise, the players to the left take turns after them.
- The player rolls the die to choose a move during each turn.
- The object of this Ludo board game is to move all four-player pieces into the home triangle, up the home column, and once clockwise around the board.
Snakes and Ladders
- In the Snakes and Ladders game, you move forward the number of spaces indicated on the dice.
- You can climb to the top of a ladder if your counter lands at the bottom of it.
- You must descend to the bottom of the snake if your counter touches the head of the snake.
- The winner is the first person to reach the "home" spot on the snakes and ladders board.
- This two-player game can be a great option if you are looking for laidback dice games for couples.
- Pachisi is frequently to as India's national game.
- The Pachisi game is one of the most well-known of its time and has its roots in ancient India.
- The term 'pachis', which means 'twenty-five' in Hindi, is the source of the game's name.
- This is also the highest score that can be achieved using cowrie shells.
- Twenty-Five is another name for the Pachisi.
- Four people can compete in the race game Parcheesi.
- Each player's objective is to move their pieces from the starting position, the circles in the corners, to the home square in the center of the board.
- You have to pass a complete counterclockwise loop before moving up toward the main row.
- When chaupar was a popular form of gambling in the Mughal emperor Akbar's court in Agra and Fatehpur Sikri in the 16th century, it appears that the first description of any of these games was recorded at that time.
- Each player must start the game by putting his four men into play.
- The men move counterclockwise around the outer border columns.
- A player must eliminate at least one man from the opposing player's team before bringing any of his own men "home." This is known as a "tohd."
- An Indian board game called Jhandi Munda is played with six six-sided dice.
- It is believed that the northeast region of India is where this game first appeared.
- Jhandi Munda is still played in the streets by both adults and children in the northeastern Indian states.
- Jhandi Munda is a very straightforward and easy-to-play game that is also a lot of fun to play.
- To play the game, a total of 6 dice are used.
- The six symbols listed above are painted on each side of the six-sided dice.
- Apart from the board and the dice, Jhandi Munda game requires no additional equipment.
- Players place bets on the area of the board that corresponds to their selected symbol, and the dealer rolls all six dice to determine the winner of each round.
- In Chaturanga, the goal is to checkmate the opposing king, however, unlike in chess, the stalemated king wins.
- Chaturanga doesn't have bright and dark squares as the chess game does.
- The manner the foot-soldier could be promoted is another difference in chaturanga.
- Although the exact promotion rules of the game are unknown, the majority of historians concur that players could not select to promote any piece.
- Indian board game Ashta Chamma can be played by two or four players.
- This game is an illustration of a "completely observable" system, where the use of special dice introduces a component of chance and a component of the strategy.
- Although dice can also be used, the game is often played with 4 or 6 cowry shells.
Let us find the difference between poker games and dice games.
Poker Games vs Dice Games
Poker is a game that is played with a deck of cards.
Dice games are played with dice.
You know that there are 52 cards in a usual deck. The cards have four suits. They are hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds. They range from A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, and K. So, there are thirteen types of cards in a deck.
Depending on the type of games that you wish to play, you can use one, two, or more dice.
Poker games are indoor games.
Dice games are the best indoor games.
You can play poker games.
You can play dice games online.
Did you know that you can win real money with online poker?
Play Poker and Win Real Money Daily
Real money gaming is fun and rewarding. You can play poker on the Spartan Poker app and win real cash daily! Download our official Poker app on your mobile phone or use the Instant Play option on the desktop. Participate in real money poker and win exciting cash prizes! Play Now!
Dice Game FAQs
Q.1) What games can you play with dice?
Ans.) Here are a few popular dice games that you can play with your friends and family:
- Bar Dice.
- Liar’s Dice.
- Shut the Box.
- Shut the Box.
- Left Right Center.
Q.2) What is the most common dice game?
Ans.) Craps is the most common dice game.
Q.3) How can I play dice game?
Ans.) Pick a number and roll the dice. Every time you roll that number, you get a point.
Q.4) Why are dice games good for kids?
Ans.) Playing these games will introduce children to:
- Calculation Skills,
- Improve Visual Perception.
- Manual Dexterity.
- Social Skills.
- Taking turns.
- Good sportsmanship.
Q.5) What is the 3 dice game called?
Ans.) 3 dice game are called threes. There are many types of 3 dice games like Sic bo, 4-5-6, Cee-lo, Going To Boston, Dice War.
Q.6) What is the dice game that gangsters play?
Ans.) Shooting dice is a game that gangsters play.