Teen Patti Rules
What is Teen Patti?
Indians love celebrating festivals. In several regions of India, people enjoy the festive spirit with a game of cards. A popular card game played in India during festivals is teen patti/ तीन पत्ती.
How did the game get its name? Teen means three in Hindi and patti means cards. This means that a game of teenpatti is played with three cards.
All the players in the game put a boot amount before the teen patti game begins. Typically, there are 3-6 players in the game. A regular deck of 52 cards is used, excluding the jokers. The goal of the teen patti game is to get the best hand combination with three cards. As the game progresses, the amount in the pot keeps increasing and the winner of the game gets all the pot money.
Play 3 Patti Game
3 Patti or Teen Patti is an Indian card game that is played throughout South Asia. There are 3-6 players in the 3 Patti game. As the name suggests, three cards are used to play 3 patti. The goal of the players is to make the best three-hand combination. Here, we shall be going through the various 3 patti rules to play the game.
As per the teenpatti rules, before playing, the value of the minimum stake must be agreed upon. Everyone puts their minimal bet into the pot, which is a money collection in the middle of the table that will be won by one of the players. The dealer distributes the cards. The dealer deals the cards with one at a time until everyone has three cards per the 3 Patti rules. After that, the players wager on who has the best three-card hand. Before betting, each player has the option of looking at their three-card hand (playing seen) or leaving their cards face down on the table (playing blind).
Let’s first begin with the card rankings and look at the 3 Patti rankings given below.
3 Patti Card Rankings
Understanding all patti chart brings you one step closer to acing the तीन पत्ती game. Therefore, let’s have a look at the six types of 3 patti hand rankings given below.
- Trio or Trail: Trio or trail are three cards in a row of the same rank as per the 3 patti hierarchy. Triple 7 is a good example. This is the highest 3 patti sequence.
- Straight Run: As per the 3 patti rules chart, three cards of the same suit are in a row. 5, 6, and 7 of Diamond are examples.
- Normal Run: Three cards of different suits must be arranged in sequential order. A of Spade, J of Club, and Q of Diamond, for example.
- Flush: These are three cards of the same suit and color in a row. Flush 3 patti hands aren't in any order. You can have a King of Hearts, Queen of Hearts, and Jack of Hearts, for example.
- Pair: As per 3 patti rules, a pair sequence occurs when two of the three cards dealt are of the same rank. A, A, and K, for example.
- High Card: Three cards are arranged differently in terms of suit and color, and they remain out of order despite having a high-ranking card in the teen patti sequence. A, K, and J, for example.
Now you have a basic understanding of 3 patti hands and how a 3 Patti sequence is formed.
Below is a glimpse of the 3 patti rules that will help you in playing the game.
How to Play Teenpatti Game?
Let’s have a look at how to play 3 patti below.
- Players: 3-6 players.
- Cards: Standard Deck of 52 Cards.
- Objective: Get the best hand combination with three cards.
Teen Patti Gameplay in Step to Step
Step.1) Select a Dealer: Each player draws cards to decide who will be the dealer and who will play the teen patti cards first.
Step.2) Place Ante: An ante is collected from each player to form an initial pot that players will fight over in online teen patti real money.
Step.3) Get Cards: This is when the dealer distributes cards in teen patti cash game.
Step.4) Play As Per the First Player: The act begins with the person seated to the left of the dealer. He can play either blind or seen. Playing blind means you cannot see your cards and play seen means you can see your cards. Players can fold, call the ante, or raise to double it if they play blind. A player can fold, raise to twice the ante, or double it again if they play seen.
Step.5) Continue Play: Each player can fold, call, or raise as a blind or seen player as the round progresses clockwise. The bet amount is based on the previous player's bet in the teen patti online game or offline game. The winning player is the person who has the strongest three card combination in the offline or online teen patti games.
Step.6) Request Side-Show: If there are still at least three players in the game and a seen player is acting after another seen player, the acting player may ask for a side-show with the earlier player. The requested player has the option to accept or reject the request. Both players will reveal their cards to one another covertly if they accept. The teen patti game will then continue while the person with the weakest hand ranking is eliminated.
Step.7) Showdown: One of the players has the right to demand a final showdown after enough players have folded or sideshows have taken place to leave only two players left in the teen patti cash game.
The winning player is the person who has the strongest three card combination in the offline or online teen patti games.
3 Patti Rules
Hand Ranking and Winning Sequence Determination
The dealt cards should have a teenpatti sequence that is ranked higher than the other sequences in the series. This series looks a lot like what you'd see in a game of poker. This contains higher-ranking sequences like Trail, as well as lower-ranking sequences like 'High cards' in all patti chart.
- 3 patti rules include a dealer who distributes three 3 patti cards to each of the players at the table. This is done in a clockwise direction.
- An agreed-upon boot sum is obtained from each player before the deal.
- This is the smallest bet in the pot, that is, the money kept at the center of the table.
- The pot increases throughout the game, and the winner of that hand takes it home.
- The person with the highest 3 patti sequence is declared the winner.
- As per teenpatti game rules, the game is played clockwise, starting at the left of the dealer.
- Players place bets on who has the best hand after receiving their cards.
- Players have two options when placing a wager: they can play blind, that is, without seeing the cards, or they can bet after seeing them. Blind players are those who place a wager without checking their cards, and seen players are those who see their cards.
- As necessary, bets are passed around the table.
- Players have the choice to fold and place no bet.
- A player who chooses to fold loses the bet put into the pot as well as all future betting possibilities.
Let’s now have a difference between playing blind and seen in the next two points below. They are playing blind and playing seen.
Players can choose to play blind, that is, without looking at their dealt cards or glancing at their cards before starting the game. That’s after the initial money is gathered from all participants and accumulated in the pot. There is a central pot for depositing all stakes.
- When playing blind, players do not get to see their cards.
- Players start the game by placing the bets in the pot to play blind.
- The betting amount must be equal to the sum in the pot.
- The player who bets first must match the boot or the initial amount that players put to begin the game.
A blind show is when a player may request a show. In a blind show, both players show their cards, and the player with the better cards wins the pot.
The following criteria must be met for a blind show:
- Before you may examine your cards, you must pay for the show.
- The players who have seen the cards cannot request a show. They can either bet or withdraw their cards.
- A blind player's bet becomes the stake amount that the following player must match or exceed.
- For players who are seen players, the stake amount is only half of their bet as per teenpatti game rules.
- No matter whether the opposing player is blind or not, the show will cost you the amount of your stake if you are a blind player.
- As per the 3 patti game rules, the seen players are not allowed to request a show. The seen players either bet or withdraw their cards.
- If both players are playing seen, the cost of a show is double of what is currently bet. Any player may request a show.
- If the hands are tied after the show, the player who didn't contribute to the show's pot wins the hand.
- The seen player bets in the pot to play chaal.
- The bet is between two and four times the amount being placed at the moment or the boot if they are the first player.
- As per 3 patti game rules, stake amount increases if the previous player was blind.
- If the previous player was seen, the stake amount is equal to half of their wager.
- The seen player requests a show with the 3 patti rules listed above.
- Players might even request a sideshow. In a sideshow, the player is requested to compare their cards in teenpatti chart with previous players’ cards. This one of the 3 Patti game rules only applies if there are still 1+ participants in the game and the last player was a seen player.
- Place a sum equal to two times the existing stake in the pot to request a sideshow. The preceding player can agree to the sideshow or reject it.
- You must fold if the preceding player accepts the sideshow and holds stronger cards. If you hold superior cards, they must fold. The turn shifts to the following player when a player folds.
- Cards are not compared, and the game continues if the preceding player disputes the sideshow.
Determine the Stake's Value
- The stake's value is determined by whether the current player and the player immediately preceding him or her were playing blind or not.
- 3 Patti rules suggest that if the current player, as well as the previous players, are both playing blind, then the staked amount remains the same. However, the amount deposited in the pot can be doubled.
- If the prior player is not playing blind, the current player has the option of using half of the previous player's staked value or the current staked value.
- If neither player is playing blind, the current stake value remains the same or can even be increased.
- The current stake value is doubled or could be increased by four times in just the preceding player playing blind.
Card Folding or Showing
- As per the 3 patti rules, the betting continues until all, but one player has folded their cards. Finally, the last player wins the entire pot.
- As per the teenpatti rules, if all but two players fold, one of them can challenge the other to a 'show'.
- Depending on whether the present player, as well as the preceding player, is playing blind or not, the stake values are different.
These were some teenpatti rules. 3 patti is like poker. Poker games are loved internationally, whereas, 3 Patti is played in India popularly.
Let’s have a look at the difference between poker and 3 patti below.
The following are the show's rules:
- A show can't start until all but two of the players have left.
- The cost of a show for a blind player is the current stake, paid into the pot, regardless of whether the opposing player is blind or not. After you've paid for the performance, you don't look at your cards.
- You cannot demand a show if you are a seen player and the other player is blind. Only the seen player has the option of continuing to gamble or withdrawing.
- If both players are visible, either can pay twice the current stake for a show. Both players' cards are disclosed in a show, and the one with the higher-ranking hand wins the pot. If the hands are tied, the player who did not pay for the show wins the pot.
- If all the players are visible, you can ask the player who bet immediately before you for a compromise, also known as a sideshow, when it's your turn. Just after betting the minimum amount (double the current stake), you can ask the player who bet immediately before you for a sideshow. The player before you can accept or oppose the compromise.
- If the compromise is accepted, the two players involved compare their cards in private, and the player with the lower-ranking cards must fold right away. If the players are tied, the player who requested the compromise must fold. If the compromise is rejected, the betting resumes with the person who came after the one who requested the settlement.
It's worth noting that the betting process in this game differs significantly from that in Poker. There is no concept of equilibrating bets, and a showdown with more than two players is impossible.
Teen Patti Game Terms To Know
Learning how to play teen patti gets easier when you learn the terms associated with the game. Have a look at the following teen patti terms.
- Ante – This is also called Boot. Before the cards are dealt, the participants must stake a certain sum of money.
- Chaal – You see your cards before putting the next bet when playing Chaal in Teen Patti. You'll need to stake at least twice as much as the current ante.
- Blind – Making the bet when playing blind implies not looking at your cards. You can join Chaal at any moment, but you must follow its rules once you do.
- Pot – This is where the bets are placed in offline or online teen patti.
- Fold – When you think your hand isn’t good, you decide to quit the teenpatti online game.
- Raise – If you're playing blind, you can only raise your stake by doubling the previous player's bet. You can raise your stake 4x the previous player's bet if you play chaal.
- Call – By doing this, you are matching the bet made by the players before you in teen patti real cash.
- Show – When there are only two players left at the end of the online teen patti real money game, to determine who would win, both must reveal their cards.
- Compromise – Two Chaal players may compare their cards at any moment. The player who holds the worst hand is forced to fold in real cash teen patti.
Teen Patti Games
Teenpatti features a variety of interesting game types such as Joker Teen Patti, Banko Teen Patti, AK-47 Teen Patti, Revolving Joker Teen Patti, Mufliss Teen Patti, 999 Teen Patti, 4X Boot Teen Patti, 3-2-1 Teen Patti, Stud Teen Patti, Cobra Teen Patti. Exploring the different 3 patti variations is a blast, exhilarating, and extremely entertaining experience.
- Lowball or Mufliss.
- Wild Draw.
- Low Wild.
- Joker Teenpatti.
- Banko Teen Patti.
- AK-47 Teen Patti.
- 999 Teen Patti.
- 4X Boot Teen Patti.
- 3-2-1 Teenpatti.
- Stud Teen Patti.
How to Win at Teenpatti Online?
With the right skills, you win a teen patti online game. Have a look at these winning strategies:
Know the Rules
Read the guidelines of the teen patti game thoroughly to learn everything there is to know about the game.
Play Demo Games to Get Comfortable
It takes a lot of practice for a man to become perfect at a game. If you are new to teen patti, be sure to practice the game in demo mode on any online teen patti real money app. Make yourself comfortable with the game before investing any real money.
Place Small Bets
Don't begin by placing large bets right away in teen patti real cash games. To begin, learn the game and its patterns, and then gradually increase your bets.
When you are playing a teen patti online, you can play blind at the start of real cash teen patti. It lets you concentrate on the game. It makes it easier to gauge how other players bet before you see your cards.
Bet and raise often during the teen patti real cash game even if you don’t have the strongest hand. This will intimidate your opponents and make them fold and give up on their pot in teen patti online game.
Make your opponents believe that you have good hands even if you don’t. You can win big with this teen patti technique.
Make the Right Decision
If you are losing a lot of money on a weak hand, you should play smart and pack. This saves you from losing money unnecessarily in teen patti real cash.
By now, we know the rules, hand probabilities, and winning strategies of the teen patti game. Let’s have a look at the variations of the teen patti games given below.
Poker Vs Teenpatti
Teen Patti Game
Poker is a game of skills and casino card games.
|Teen Patti is a game of chance.|
Poker games are played with seven cards, from which players must create the best five-card combination.
Teen Patti is played with three cards per player.
|Players bet before and after each hand is dealt in Texas hold'em. For the following card to be revealed, the pot must include the same amount of poker chips or money from each player.||Teen Patti, on the other hand, allows players to put a small bet or you can say teen patti chips in the pot even before the game starts.|
Poker players, on the other hand, must bet to view the next community card. They understand the strength of their cards only after seeing the River
In Teen Patti, players can inspect their cards whenever they choose and decide whether or not to place a bet.
Play Online Poker and Win Real Money
Want to win real money with free poker games? Download the Spartan Poker app on your mobile phone. The app is easy to use, safe and secure, and has amazing free poker tournaments. Go ahead and win real money with our official Poker app now!
Teen Patti Rules FAQs
Q.1) How do you play 3 Patti casino?
- Log in to your preferred casino website.
- Select a dealer, that is, the player who has the highest card value.
- Choose your three Patti tables.
- Place your first bet (ante) and any side bets (optional).
- The cards have been dealt; now you must decide whether to play or fold your hand.
- The player with the greatest card value wins the pot.
Q.2) Which Colour is highest in 3 Patti?
The best possible score is AKQ, while the lowest possible score is 4-3-2. We can include three unrelated cards of the same color, like the Ace, King, and Jack of diamonds, under the Three Patti color rules. Two of the three cards must be of the same rank and color, such as Ace, Ace, and King or Queen, Queen, and Jack.
Q.3) Is Rummy and 3 Patti same?
Rummy and 3 Patti are both different card games.
Q.4) How can I do Teen Patti?
To win teen patti, you need the three best cards that form the 3 patti hand.
Q.5) Is playing Live Dealer Teen Patti the same as playing at a land-based casino?
The teen patti rules are the same for both live dealer teen patti and playing at a land based casino.
Q.6) What are the best hands in Teen Patti?
Trio or Trail is the best hand in 3 patti game.
Q.7) Can we choose a joker in Teen Patti?
The joker in teen patti depends on the variant you play. For example, mufliss teen patti variant has the lowest card as joker.
Q.8) What is a high card in 3 Patti?
In high card, highest, second highest, and lowest card form a sequence. This is the lowest ranking hand in 3 patti.
Q.9) How do you play 3 Patti at home?
Players can use a standard deck of cards or opt for an online 3 patti game to play at home.
Q.10) Which is the best Teen Patti game app?
Ans:- Teen Patti is a game that requires no introduction and is one of the favorite games to play during any family gathering. The Teen Patti game is also available online and some of the most popular apps are: Teen Patti Gold, Teen Patti Live, Teen Patti Pro etc.
Q.11) Is Teen Patti a game of skill or chance?
Ans:- Teen Patti is a game of chance if you are betting blind, but if you have seen the cards you hold then this is a game of skill. You will need to be really skilled in bluffing your opponents when you play this Indian card game.
Q.12) Is Teen Patti legal in India?
Ans:- Playing Teen Patti is banned in India since it falls under the category of luck-based games. Also, Indian law has no jurisdiction when it comes to foreign-based online casinos that support the teen patti format.
Q.13) Can I play Teen Patti online?
Ans:- There are a lot of websites as well as apps where you can play Teen Patti online. You can even team up with some of your friends and play the game at a private table.
Q.14) Which Colour is highest in 3 Patti?
Ans:- There is no color per se that has a hierarchy in the Teen Patti Game. However, the AKQ of any suit is the strongest hand.
Q.15) What is high card in 3 Patti?
Ans:- Ace King and Queen of any suit is the highest ranking winning hand in a game of teenpatti. But the Ace card of any suit is considered the strongest card.
Q.16) Is 3 Patti same as poker?
Ans:- Teen Patti shares a lot with poker with respect to card rankings and betting rounds. Although poker is a skill-based game, the 3 Patti card game leans more toward luck-based card games.
Q.17) How can I show in 3 Patti?
Ans:- To make a show in 3 patti, there must be only two players left in the game.
Q.18) Are 3 Patti and Poker the same?
Ans:- No, both are different card games.