Poker games are fun and entertaining! If you are in the mood to bring extra fun to the table, try playing Indian Poker. It is a casual poker game that’s played with one card. Each player receives one card and sticks it to their forehead. What does this mean? Everyone gets to see your card, except you. You’ll have to guess what card you have based on how your opponents behave.
Indian poker is a card game of probability because you don’t get to see your own card and use your judgment to play the game. Just like any other poker game, you can win an Indian Poker game using smart strategies and some bluffing.
Objective of an Online Indian Poker Game
The objective of players is to win the pot. As per Indian Poker rules, you can win online Indian poker if you have the best card in the showdown. However, you can also outwit your opponents with smart techniques like bluffing. If your opponent’s get intimidated and opt out of the game before the showdown, you win automatically. This is regardless of what card you or they are holding. Therefore, the aim of players is to play smart and beat their opponents.
Let’s Understand More About this Action-Packed Game Indian Poker Below:
- Players: 3-7 players can play the game.
- Age: 18+.
- Deck: Standard deck of 52 cards.
- Card Rank highest to lowest: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
Gameplay of Indian Poker
Indian Poker is one of the best casual poker games. Every player gets only one card to play but can’t see their card. They can see everyone else’s card and make bets using their judgment. We’ll have a look at how the card is dealt, the betting process, how to determine the winner, and tips to win Indian Poker ahead.
- Players place an ante on the poker table. An ante is the initial bet every player puts forward. It is a compulsory bet.
- The dealer in the Indian poker game is chosen randomly. After the ante is placed, the dealer gives one card to every player. The cards are dealt face down.
- After all the players receive their card, they pick it up and stick it to their forehead.
- As per Indian poker rules, you can’t see your own card. So, you have to pick your card carefully. Make sure you don’t see the card while picking it up. You have to keep it on your forehead and let everyone else see your card.
After the deal, the rounds begin. Players have three options during the process.
Let Us Understand These Three Options in Further Detail:
- Call: A call is the same amount as the previous player. For example, if a player bets ₹10, then the call amount will be ₹10. All Indian poker players can call a bet until someone raises it. We’ll find out what a raise is below.
- Raise: A raise is more than the previous player. For example, if the player before you bets ₹10, you can raise the amount and put forward ₹10. All the poker players who play after the raise have to match the amount that was raised or raise the amount more.
- Fold: If you don’t want to call or raise a bet, then you can fold. Folding means that you don’t continue. Players do this if they feel there are no winning chances, and they are losing poker chips.
The round continues till all players call, raise, and fold. There is a showdown and the player who has the highest card is the winner of Indian Poker.
As per Indian poker rules, after everyone finishes betting, there is a showdown. All the players show their cards to each other in the showdown and compare the strength of their cards. The winner is the player who has the best card. If there is a tie, the pot is split. Cards in Indian Poker have no suits.
Let’s find out more about determining winner in Indian Poker.
How to Determine the Winner in Indian Poker?
The player who has the strongest card is the winner of the Indian Poker game. The ace is the strongest card and Deuce is the lowest card. The strength of cards from highest to lowest is A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 as per poker rules.
The showdown happens only between the players remaining at the end of the round. If you manage to intimidate all the players and make them fold, then there will be no showdown. The person who survives till the end of the game is the winner.
Tips to Win Indian Poker
- Make a Poker Face: If you are playing an Indian poker game with your friends, aim to keep a poker face. Having a neutral expression makes it difficult for your opponent to interpret your actions.
- Analyze your Opponent’s Behavior: You can't see your card in Indian Poker but can analyze your opponent's behavior to guess your own card's strength. Also, you can understand if a player is weak or strong in the way they bet. It is easier to intimidate players who are weak and make them fold. The lesser the number of players at the end of a game, the greater your winning chances would be.
- Bluff: Indian Poker is a fantastic game if you can bluff successfully. You make your opponents believe what you want them to believe. This makes the game interesting. Make a good guess about your card by observing your opponent's behavior and make a reasonable bluff whenever you can. You aim to persuade your opponents that you have a higher chance of winning the game.
Adding More Fun to Indian Poker
To make things more interesting and fun, you can bring variations to the Indian Poker game. You can use two Joker cards to give a twist to the original version of the game. Joker is the most valuable card if you use it. Another twist you can bring is ranking the suits. For example, you can rank black suits higher than red suits or vice versa. Or else you can give rank to individual suits and give a rank to every suit to bring more variation to the game.
Most Common Questions About Online Poker in India
Q.1) Is poker legal in India?
Playing poker is legal in India. There are even several online poker India legal sites where you can get triple or even quadruple your buy-in and win big pay-outs.
Q.2) Can I play poker online for money in India?
You can play poker online in India but, only Spartan is the most trusted (Spartan runs a monthly tournament guaranteeing 2 lakh rupees to the winner).
Q.3) Is online poker in India legal?
Playing online poker in India is legal on all accounts. You can sign up on sites like Spartan Poker and register yourself to begin playing. However only Indian poker players above the age of 18 are allowed to register themselves on poker sites due to the Indian poker laws.
Q.4) Who is the best poker tuber in India?
Vivek Rajkumar is one of the best poker Youtubers in India. He played at the World Poker Tour Borgata Poker Open Main Event in 2008 and won.
Q.5) Is poker profitable in India?
Playing online poker in India is profitable for real poker Indian players as well as tourists. People come to India from all over the world because the chance of tripling an investment is extremely high. The max bet at an average live casino in India is ? 10,000 or $200, so the stakes are low, but the wins are as high as? 1 lakh.
Q.6) How much do Indian poker players earn?
An average person playing poker online for real money in India can earn anything between Rs. 2-3 lakhs. While most players prefer the live casino vibe, the more experienced players are playing poker online in India and earning a lot more on websites like Spartan Poker.