Connect Four Game
Since its publication by Milton Bradley in 1974, Connect 4 has been a family favourite, and with good reason. For many years, it has been a favourite game in many families. The game is a lot of fun and can be enjoyed by everyone in the family, young and old.
The goal of the Connect Four game is to be the first player to line up four identical checkers horizontally, vertically, or diagonally in a row.
How to Play Connect 4 Online?
The game, which can be played with a pencil and paper or online in a multiplayer setup with different coloured circles that appear like discs, will keep you entertained on a long journey or through tedious classes.
If you use discs, you play Connect 4 online on a Hasbro 7x6 board, or on a grid if you use pencils and paper, or in a multiplayer online setup. From the lowest to the highest line, the circular checkers must be arranged. The goal of the Connect Four game is for a player's four checkers to be aligned horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. The checkers must be always placed on the lowest line or on another checker.
How Is Connect 4 Game Played?
- Decide who will go first and which colour each player will wear.
- Players must take turns, with each turn allowing only one disc to be dropped.
- Drop one of your coloured discs from the top into any of the seven slots on your turn.
- When a 4-in-a-row or a stalemate occurs, the game is over.
- The previous game's starter plays second in the following game.
Connect 4 Game Rules
If you're new to board games and haven't tried Connect Four, be prepared to become addicted right away! You must first educate yourself with the rules before you can begin and become the next Connect 4 champion in your family or social group.
- To Win, Players Must Link Four Discs of the Same Colour In a Row: All you have to do to win Connect Four is connect four of your coloured checker pieces in a row, similar to tic tac toe. This can be done in three different ways: horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Each player will place one checker piece at a time into the Connect Four game. This gives you the option of either adding to your row or preventing your opponent from getting four in a row.
- Play One Piece At a Time: Because players alternate turns, the Connect Four game is unexpected, and your opponent can successfully obstruct your attempts to build a 4-in-a-row. Because players may only play one piece at a time, it requires a great deal of thought.
- Play Offensively or Defensively: You can either focus on completing a 4-in-a-row of your coloured discs or on preventing your opponent from completing any connect 4s.
- When one of the players manages to acquire four of their own coloured discs in a row diagonally, horizontally, or vertically, the game is termed "over."
- The Previous Game's Starter Plays Second in the Following Connect Four Game: If more than one game of Connect 4 is desired, the person who started second in the previous round normally begins the next round.
Connect Four Strategy
Connect 4 Winning Strategies
- Select the Middle Column for a First Move: In a game of Connect Four, if you are the first player to go, your first move can really determine the outcome of the game. The ideal move when starting the Connect Four game is to put your checker in the centre column. You increased your odds of winning by placing your checker in that slot, making it far more difficult for your opponent to counter your actions.
- Choose Another Bottom Row Slot With the Second Move. You're on the defence when you have the second move of the game, making it more difficult to win. If your opponent starts the game by placing their checker in the centre column, do not position yours in the same column so that it is on top of theirs. That isn't going to help you in any way. Instead, place your checker in the bottom row of one of the other columns and wait for your opponent to make a mistake.
- Use a Game Solver Tool. You might want to consult a game solving tool if you're having problems defeating opponents. The Connect Four game solver lets you to enter your opponent's moves and then generates winning moves for you to counter, ensuring that you win. Most opponents won't like you using a tool like this on your smartphone or tablet while you're playing, so start practising with the game solver to help you find winning strategies that you can apply in real-life situations.
Poker vs Connect Four
Poker is a card game
Connect 4 is a board game
Connect Four can be only played with 2 players or in teams.
Play Online Poker & Win Real Cash Daily
Playing Connect 4 is super fun with friends, but if you are looking to also earn some real cash daily, you should try poker game.
Reasons Why Poker is Better Than Connect 4:
- You can improve your strategy and skillset in reading people. Unlike connect 4 where each move depends on your opponents move.
- You can make real cash daily by playing poker online.
Connect Four FAQ
1.) Has Connect 4 been solved?
Connect 4 is a game that has a game solver tool that you can use. Read the last point under Connect 4 strategy to learn more.
2.) How do I connect Connect 4 online?
You can play connect 4 online by logging onto the paper games website. You can also play the connect 4 games with the help of a pen and paper.
3.) Is it better to go first or second in Connect 4?
Its always best to got first in a Connect 4 game. Since the person who starts first has an advantage of leading the game in the direction they prefer.