Learning poker can be a little overwhelming while mastering the game of poker is definitely overwhelming. While there are many tricks and tips to take heed from, we are here to shed light on 7 tactics that will take your game from average to awesome:
- An elite and experienced poker player always knows how to judge their opponents. An average player would get stuck thinking about only the hands, while an advanced player would think further about the ranges. A range in poker means the entire spectrum of hands someone can have in a certain situation.
- Many players light up at the sight of their favourite hand, which shouldn't be the case. Don't give your favourite hand a preferential treatment and make bad plays with it. Winning poker is about using your wit and logic, and not just luck.
- In the game of poker, if you want to win, then you need to have a set winning strategy. It is okay to bring a bit of change in your strategy, every now and then but your strategy needs to be aligned with the game. In the end, every hand and every session counts.
- Sometimes, it is profitable to change from your regular tactics. Though, for your change to be profitable, you need to have an appropriate reason so as to why you are doing it. If you can reason out your actions, then it's okay.
- To become an ace, you need to learn when to fold your hand. You need to learn to let go of your attachments to your favourite hands.
- As the famous movie of Rounders quotes, 'If you can't spot the sucker in the first half of the game, then you are the sucker'. Here, the learning is not to be that sucker.
- Poker is the game of passion. If you are a big fan of the game, then play it with all your zeal.
Now that we have shown you the path to becoming an ultimate poker champion, go ahead and participate in India's biggest online poker tournament - India Online Poker Championship.