How does Auto-Muck work?
If the auto-muck check box is selected, then the showdown rules at river are:-The player who took the last aggressive action in the hand will show his hand first. If the aggressive player is the winner, then the other player/players in the hand can muck their hand. If the aggressive player loses the hand then the aggressive player's hand will be shown first and then the winner's hand is shown.
If everybody has checked on the river, then the first active player to the left of the dealer will show the hand to the table first. If the next active player has a better hand than the previous player, then he/she needs to show the hand to the table or else if they are losing (with reference to all previous players) the hand will automatically be mucked, and this sequence will continue for all players.
Example: - For a 6-player table, 6 players (all have selected the auto-muck check box) have checked on the river and the 3rd player (player next to BB) has the second-best hand and player on the button has the best hand. The actions that will follow at showdown are: -
- First player will show the hole cards to the table
- Second player will muck the hand
- Third player will show the hole cards to the table
- Fourth player will muck the hand
- Fifth player will muck the hand
- Sixth player will show the hole cards to the table as this player is the winner