Have you ever played cards when kids are around you? If yes, then you know how excited they are to play with the extra cards that are kept aside. Kids love to mimic elders.
Crazy Eights is a card game that is played like Uno. What’s interesting is that Crazy 8s is played with a standard deck of cards. Two or more players can play. One deck of cards is enough for four players. If there are more than five players, two decks of cards are needed.
Crazy 8 Game
The goal of players in the crazy 8 game is to be the first player to discard all the cards and get the least number of points.
Scoring in Crazy 8 Game
The cards Ace to King are used to play the Crazy Eights game.
As we saw above, the goal of the players in the crazy eights card game is to score the least number of points.
- Ace = 1 point.
- 2 = 2 points.
- 3 = 3 points.
- 4 = 4 points.
- 5 = 5 points.
- 6 = 6 points.
- 7 = 7 points.
- 8 = 50 points.
- 9 = 9 points.
- 10 = 10 points.
- J = 10 points.
- Q = 10 points.
- K = 10 points.
The face cards are worth ten points each whereas if a player has an 8, they will get 50 points. That is the reason this game is named Crazy Eights!
We will find out how to play Crazy Eights in more detail ahead.
How to Play Crazy Eights?
Here are the rules of how to play crazy eights.
Choosing A Dealer
- Shuffle a deck of 52 cards.
- Place the cards face down.
- Each player picks one card.
- The player who has the lowest card becomes the dealer.
Dealing of Cards
- Shuffle the deck of cards.
- The dealer distributes five cards to each player, giving one card at a time.
- The remaining cards are placed face down on the table.
- All the players then see their cards. However, they must keep their cards hidden from other players.
- Now, from the remaining cards that were placed face down on the table, the dealer picks up one card and places it face up on the side. This forms the discard pile.
- Please note that if the first card is an eight, it is put back into the deck and another card is picked.
- The player to the left of the dealer is the first to play.
- Each player must place one card face-up on the starter pile, beginning with the dealer's left.
- Each card played except an eight must match the card on the starter pile, either in suit or denomination. For example, if the Q of Clubs is the starting card, any club or Queen may be played on it. Alternatively, the player can use an 8 which is a wild card in the game.
Rules are important. When you are playing cards, they are to be followed as well! Watch out for the Crazy Eight rules!
Crazy Eight Rules
Crazy 8s rules are easy to understand. Have a look at the rules listed below.
- Each player is dealt five cards or seven in a two-player game.
- In the stockpile, the remaining cards of the deck are placed face down in the center of the table.
- The top card is then turned face up to serve as the first card in the discard pile to begin the card game.
- Starting with the player to the dealer's left, players discard by matching rank or suit with the top card of the discard pile.
- They can also play any 8 at any time, allowing them to declare the card suit that the next player must follow or play another 8.
- If you're playing with Jokers, the Joker serves as a blank card, and the next player to take their turn can play any card on top of it.
- After a player has successfully unloaded all cards, it is time to add up the cards in the hands of the other players. All other players' points go to the winner.
- The first player who gets a certain number of points wins the game. You can play up to any number of points, but 50 points for each person in the game is a reasonable starting point. For example, it is the first player to 100 points in a two-player game, the first to 150 points in a three-player game, the first to 200 points in a four-player game, and so forth.
- Tips always help. Check out the crazy eights strategy ahead.
Crazy Eights Strategies
- If you're playing an eight, you can either choose the suit in which you have the most cards or one in which your opponent does not.
- You can figure this out by recalling the last suit they had to pick a card from.
- Play a rank match first, then a suit match. But consider this based on the cards you have. One could be a far better bet than the other.
- When matching a suit, play the high cards first if you're playing for points.
Poker is a great game for social gatherings like Crazy Eights. So far, you have understood the rules of Crazy 8. Let us now see what is poker?
What is Poker?
Poker is a card game that can be played for real money. Players intimidate other players and use poker strategies to eliminate other players from the game. If there is more than one player in the game, there will be a showdown to see the strength of the cards. The player with the best poker hand of five cards is the winner of the game
Poker Vs Crazy Eights
Poker is a game of strategy. Players have to intimidate their opponents and throw them out of the game.
In the Crazy 8s game, a player who discards all the cards first wins.
You can win real money and have fun while playing poker games.
The crazy eight game is more of a social game. You can play crazy 8 game online too with your friends and family.
Poker is a casino game for people of all ages.
Crazy 8’s is a game for children.
Play Poker and Win Real Money
You can play online poker and win real money daily. There are games available 24/7 on the poker website. Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi-Lo, Omaha Poker, and Four Card Omaha are the different types of poker games available online.
Spartan Poker is a platform that hosts online poker games daily. Go ahead and download the Spartan Poker official Poker app on your mobile phone now! Play up to Rs 30,000 daily. See you at the poker tables!
Crazy 8’s FAQs
Q.1) Why do they call it crazy 8?
The name of the game is crazy 8 because it is popular card game in which players try to get rid of their cards by playing a matching rank or suit on the previous card played. If they are unable to do so, they must draw an additional card. A player who plays an eight can dictate the Playing card suit to be played next.
Q.2) Are Crazy 8 and UNO the same?
Even though there are a few distinctions between UNO and Crazy Eights, they can be called the "identical" game. The most significant distinction between the games is that Crazy Eights is played using a conventional deck of cards, but UNO game is only played with a specific deck of UNO cards.
Q.3) What does Jack mean in Crazy Eights?
Jacks are a wild card that can be used at any time. The next suit to be played must be specified by the player. The first player to play may play any card if the first card turned over from the deck following the deal is a Jack. The number eight is a skip card.
Q.4) How do you play Crazy Eights countdown?
Players can play an 8 as a wild card, or they can match the suit or card value in this example, ace. The next player has a turn, matching the suit, card number, or playing an eight. The individual who receives an 8 gets to choose which suit they want to switch.