5 Card Omaha Hi Lo
5 Card Omaha High Low
5 Card Omaha hi-lo is a fun game that is based on Omaha hi-lo poker.
- In a 5 card Omaha hi-lo game, each player is given five private cards. These private cards are known as hole cards. Players have to keep them a secret.
- Next, five community cards are dealt face-up. The community cards are the common cards kept on the poker table.
- To build the best five-card poker hand possible, each player uses exactly two cards from their five hole cards in poker combination with exactly three cards from the board.
- The pot is split between the best high hand and the best low hand, thus the name of this game is 5 card Omaha hi-lo games.
- You can build your high and low hands with different combinations of two cards from your hand, but each hand must contain exactly two cards from your hand and three cards from the board.
Types Of 5 Card Omaha Hi Lo Games
5 Card poker Omaha hi-lo have the following formats.
- Limit 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo- Each game and round of betting has a specific betting limit.
- Pot Limit 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo: Bets are limited to the number of chips in the pot.
- No Limit 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo: In this game, a player can stake all of their chips.
5 Card Omaha Hi-Lo Rules
- 5 Card Omaha Poker Hi-Lo has an '8 or better qualifier, which means that to win the low portion of the pot, a low hand must consist of five different ranks of cards graded eight or lower.
- Low hands in Omaha Hi/Lo are decided in the same way that they are in 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo. If no qualifying low hand is found, the high hand takes the full pot.
How to Play 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo
- Before the game begins, two players have to add blinds- a small blind and a big blind
- The player who is sitting to the immediate left of the dealer adds a small blind, and then the next player adds the big blind. The amount of big blinds is usually double that of small blinds.
- Betting starts after the big blind is added. The position is known as under the gun position.
- The betting continues in a clockwise direction.
- Poker players use different actions such as check, call, raise, fold while playing the 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo.
- The players make a 5 Card Omaha poker hand.
- The lowest or highest poker hand wins according to the game that is played.
Omaha Hi Lo
- You can only use up to card eight or better in Omaha Hi games.
- Card eight or better is used in Omaha Hi games.
- if you are playing 5 card Omaha Lo, the straight or flushes are invalid. However, the other poker hand rankings remain the same. So make sure that you do not form any pairs. For example, from the two hands 5-4-3-2-2 and 6-5-4-3-2, the first hand loses the Omaha Lo game. This is because a pair of two is formed.
- The poker rankings for Omaha Hi are the same as that of standard poker games. The best Omaha Hi rankings are royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight poker, three of a kind, two pairs.
- Aces are always low in low hand reading, hence the best possible hand is a 'wheel': 5, 4, 3, 2, A.
Let us have a list of ten qualifying Omaha Lo hands. Please note this is not an elaborate list. Out of the ten hands given in the list below, the last hand 5-4-3-2-A will win the Omaha Lo game and 8-7-6-5-4 is the least winning 5 Card Omaha Lo Poker Hand.
- 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
- 8, 7, 6, 5, 3
- 8, 6, 4, 2, A
- 8, 4, 3, 2, A
- 7, 6, 5, 4, 2
- 7, 6, 5, 2, A
- 7, 5, 4, 3, 2
- 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- 6, 4, 3, 2, A
- 5, 4, 3, 2, A
So if you had to choose the winner of the game, it will be 5, 4, 3, 2, A because it will be the lowest hand, followed by 6, 4, 3, 2, A and then 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 to lastly 8, 7, 6, 5, 4. The losing hand in the above list is 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 because here ‘8’ is a bigger number as compared to others.
In Omaha Hi, the royal flush A-K-Q-J-10 is the highest-ranking poker hand. Use card 8 or above to form the Omaha Hi poker hand. Refer to the standard highest to lowest rankings:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pairs
- One Pair
- High Card
Play Poker Online & Earn Real Money Daily
If you've never played 5 cards Omaha hi-lo before, you can go to an online poker website and play free 5 card Omaha hi-lo games. We recommend that you play that poker game to get a feel for how it works.
Online poker games are a rage nowadays. You can play free as well as paid poker games on the Spartan Poker app. Download the app on your smartphone and laptop, and play poker to win real money. The more you play poker online, the more you win real money games due to the practice of playing. What is stopping you from playing money earning games? Download the our Poker app and win real money daily!