“If you can’t beat them bluff them” NR Kudelis
Poker is a really fascinating game to play, but with excitement, complexity and the urge to learn keeps on increasing. Professional online poker players know every minor detail about the game, but if you are new to online poker, we have a comprehensive guide filled with tips that will shed a light on things that should be kept in mind while playing online poker.
Here are 5 of the best ways for a beginner to learn online poker:
1) Learn the hand rankings, positions & rules:
This has to be one of the first steps you take towards learning anything, be it any subject or any topic related to your interest, studying about it should be the first step towards achieving anything. Especially online poker where real money is in play! If you keep a keen eye on the hands and poker hand ranking chart, you won’t fall into a section where you have nowhere to go and you feel as if you are trapped. So, a beginner should always keep in mind that there is no better way to start a poker game than learning the basics first.
2) Start with the low stakes:
Before jumping into any game, take this tip into consideration. Most people are unaware of the benefits of playing at low stakes first, which is why many players fail to understand why are they losing in the first place.
Why are lower stakes better at the beginning?
- You will be at ease by knowing that you’re not risking too much money and even if you lose, it won’t hurt you.
- A player’s skill level increases whenever you move up stakes. By starting with the lowest stakes, online poker lets you play with the weakest players first and you get to learn the game instead of losing your money to professional players.
- Here, you will be taking baby steps towards the top of your game, and learning various possibilities alongside the game. It also enables you to look at the game through a larger perspective.
3) Play steady, yet aggressive:
Avoid opening too many Texas Holdem hands, this is one of the most common mistakes which takes away your game progress in a blink of an eye. In Texas Holdem, the key is to start playing with your strongest hands first and avoid the decisions that might feel like a post flop. Like this, the hold of the game will be in your hands and you will avoid using unnecessary hands and putting your game on stake.
- Avoid playing random hands.
- Use your opponents thinking time as a strategy-time.
4) Play when you’re feeling good:
Poker needs your concentration, it is untrue that poker is an easy game and can be won by anyone, but there is always more to the story. Why do we say that?
- Emotions can be your worst enemy in the game.
- A game needs your heart into it and mostly when you are actually ready to play it, otherwise it can interrupt your gaming strategies and limit you to achieving less. The more you’re feeling good while playing the game, the more it will show up in your results.
5) Take your time:
Taking hasty decisions is a mistake that even advanced players make. This will not only hamper your winning streak but also ruin your performance in the long run. “When a man is in a hurry, the devil is happy”. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. Here are the things you should keep in mind:
- Take your time & think about every possible move you can make.
- Don’t overthink about your opponent.
- Don’t bluff too much
- Everything will depend upon your decision, make it worth it.
Spartan Poker is coming up with its 2nd edition of Indian Online Poker Championship of this year on 14th July to 25th July. Join Spartan Poker now for the best online poker experience and get ready for the IOPC in no time! Exciting surprises, offers, promos and a lot more waiting for you. For more updates download our application or log onto our website www.spartanpoker.com